I jar my own gravy (tomato sauce), then, when you want a really nice meal, you can boil some macaroni and BOOM.
* Fry onions in a bunch of olive oil. Then fry garlic. Don’t burn the garlic.
* Throw in red wine, “Italian spices”, and tomato paste. Cook that for awhile, maybe an hour. For sweetness, use fresh basil instead of sugar like other recipes say.
* Throw in a ton of tomatos. I used cans of crushed tomatoes but you could use whatever you got.
* Simmer that for like 4-5 hours, or more time of you got it. Don’t let it stick.
* Jarring is easy: fill up the jars with sauce to the top, and as long as the sauce is hot (it’ll stay hot for a pretty long time) the jars will seal. You can use any glass jars from pretty much anything you buy at the store. The heat will also melt the glue off the labels on the jars.
* Now all fall and winter you have a meal ready to go.
"The Last Dance" by the amazing LAURIE LIPTON
Artist Name: Mayro Toyo
Soft Self-Portrait with Fried Bacona, 1941
IT’S JACK KIRBY DAY
Jack Kirby, the greatest and most prolific comic book artist of all time, was born 97 years ago today, August 28, 1917. Gone 20 years now, his legacy lives on now and forever. Long Live the King!
LIBRARIAN FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE TIME!
☆☆☆ Hey gang, I’m running fantasy football again. ☆☆☆
First, EveryLibrary is running a $5 a week league.Donate $40 here, which covers the first 8 weeks, to get an invite to the league (you will be contacted directly later this week with your donation!). Around week 8/9, we’ll do the second $5-a-week donation. CASH PRIZES for top two teams at the end of week 17!….
We’re non-partisan, pro-library, and always win the coin toss. Thanks for playing with us!